2020 牛津译林版初二英语上册单元检测卷 Unit 1（含答案）
1. I’m very ______ . Could you please get me some water?
A. hungry B. happy C. ill D. thirsty
2. ______ playing chess after school?
A. Let’s B. What about C. Why not D. Don’t
3. She is ______ honest girl.
A. a B. / C. an D. the
4. Her ______ is not good. But she sings very carefully.
A. voice B. noise C. sound D. face
5. Mo Yan is an ______ writer.
A. excellent B. useful C. famous D. great
6. This ______ man is our English teacher.
A. beautiful B. pretty C. straight D. handsome
7. China is larger than ______ in Asia.
A. any country B. any other country C. other country D. another country
8. Who is ______ swimmer, Peter, Simon or Millie?
A. fast B. the fastest C. best D. better
9. Would you like ______ tea?
A. some B. any C. many D. a
10. —______ is your height? —180 cm.
A. How B. What C. How long D. How far
11. The book makes me ______. I think it is one of ______ books.
A. bored; boring B. boring; bored C. boring; the most boring D. bored; the most boring
12. —Mr Wu, why can’t I always get good grades in study? —Well, if you are ______ in class and read ______ books after
class, I’m sure you will get better grades in the future.
A. more careful; more B. careful; fewer C. careful; more D. more carefully; more
13. Swimming is ______ cycling. So I like cycling better because I want to be safe
A. as interesting as B. more dangerous than C. less interesting than D. not as dangerous as
14. Jack is as ______ as his best friend.
A. more hard-working B. hard work C. most hard-working D. hard-working
15. —______? —He’s friendly and helpful.
A. What’s he like B. What does he like C. What is he look like D. What does he look like
Jack moved away from the country many years ago and was busy ___1___ his work in a big city. There, Jack had ___2___
time to think about the past and often had no time to ___3___ with his wife and son.
One day, his mother told him over the phone that Mr Basler, their neighbour, had died and the funeral (葬礼) would be on
Wednesday. It took a long time ___4___ Jack gave an answer because he had not thought of Mr Basler for a long time. "Well,
he didn’t ___5___ you. Every time I saw him he’d ask ___6___ you were doing. He’d talk about the days you spent with him, "
Mum told him.
Two weeks later, Jack got a package (包裹) . There inside was a gold ___7___. The box was from Mr Basler. Jack’s hands
shook as he read the notes inside, "Upon my death, please give this box to Jack Bennett. It’s the thing I value (珍视) most in my
life. " There inside he ___8___ a beautiful gold pocket watch. He opened the cover. Inside he found these words, "Jack, thanks
for your ___9___!—Harold Basler. " Jack held the watch for a few minutes, then called his office and cancelled (取消) his
meetings for the next two weeks. He needed some time to spend with his wife and son.
No matter how busy we are, we should always remember to spend some time with the persons we love. They are
___10___ part of our life.
1. A. for B. with C. at D. by
2. A. little B. a little C. few D. a few
3. A. spend B. cost C. take D. pay 4. A. until B. after C. before D. when
5. A. remember B. call C. see D. forget
6. A. how B. why C. where D. when
7. A. box B. note C. watch D. book
8. A. looked for B. looked at C. found D. watched
9. A. gift B. package C. money D. time
10. A. the most in B. most important C. the least important D. least important
Everyone needs friends. We all like to ___1___ close to someone. ___2___ is nice to have a friend to talk, laugh and do things
with. ___3___, sometimes we need to be alone. We don’t always want people ___4___. But we would feel lonely if we
___5___ had a friend.
No two people are just the same. ___6___ friends don’t get on well That doesn’t mean that they no longer (不再) like ___7___ .
Most of the time they will make up and become ___8___ again.
Sometimes friends move away (搬走) . Then we feel very ___9___. We miss them very much, but we can ___10___ and write
to them. It could be that we would never see them again. And we can ___11___ new friends. It is surprising to find out
___12___ we like new people when we get to know them.
There’s good ___13___ for people who have friends. They live longer than people who don’t. Why? It could be that they are
___14___. Being happy helps you to stay well. Or it could be just knowing that someone cares. If someone cares about you,
you take ___15___ care of yourself.
1. A. look B. watch C. feel D. see
2. A. It B. He C. There D. Someone
3. A. Hardly B. Nearly C. Suddenly D. Of course
4. A. alone B. away C. all over D. around
5. A. ever B. never C. just D. really
6. A. Always B. Sometimes C. Often D. Usually
7. A. each other B. others C. people D. someone else
8. A. friendly B. good C. pleased D. friends
9. A. angry B. sad C. happy D. alone
10. A. call B. ask C. tell D. talk with
11. A. look for B. find C. make D. know
12. A. how often B. how long C. how many D. how much
13. A. word B. area C. story D. news
14. A. happier B. stronger C. kinder D. richer
15. A. less B. better C. little D. no
Bill Gates was born on October 28, 1955. He grew up in Seattle, Washington. Bill Gates was named William Henry after
his father and grandfather. He was a very clever boy. His favourite subjects at school were science and maths. When people
asked him what he wanted to be in the future, he always said, "A scientist. "
When he was 13 years old, Bill started to play with computers. At that time, computers were very large machines. Once he
was interested in a very old computer. He and some of his friends spent lots of time doing unusual things with it. In the end,
they worked out a software programme with the old machine. Bill sold it for 4, 200 dollars when he was only 17.
In 1973, Bill went to Harvard University. At Harvard, he developed the BASIC language for the first microcomputer. In
his third year, he left Harvard to work for a company called Microsoft. Bill began this company in 1975 with his friend Paul
Allen. They thought that the computers are difficult to use. They improved the software to make it easier for people to use. In
1999, Bill wrote a book called Business at the Speed of Thought. In the book he told people how computer technology could
solve business problems in new ways. It was one of the best sellers of the New York Times list.
Bill married Melinda French on January 1, 1994. They have two children—a daughter and a son. Bill enjoys reading very
much. He also enjoys playing golf and bridge (桥牌) .
1. What were Bill Gates’ favourite subjects?A. Science and technology. B. Maths and business.
C. Science and maths. D. Business and computer technology.
2. Where did he develop the BASIC language for the first microcomputer?
A. At Harvard. B. In Seattle. C. In New York. D. In Washington.
3. Whom did he begin his company with in 1975?
A. His father. B. His grandfather. C. Paul Allen. D. Melinda French.
4. When did he write the book Business at the Sped of Thought?
A. In 1973. B. In 1975. C. In 1994. D. In 1999.
5. Bill Gates’ hobbies are ______ .
A. making software and writing books
B. reading, playing golf and bridge
C. doing unusual things and developing the BASIC language
D. playing with computers and working out software programmes
Reading is a good hobby for all kinds of reasons.
First, reading is fun. You can always keep yourself happy if you like reading. You will never feel bored or tired.
Next, you can read a book anywhere——in a car, on a plane, or even in the bathroom. All you need is a book!
Another good reason for reading is that it is useful. If you read as a hobby, you will get better and better at it. And you will
read faster and find it easier to understand what you read. As your reading skills become better, you will probably (很可能) find
your schoolwork becomes much better.
Some people say that reading is out of date (过时的) . This is not true. You can read on computers, and the better you read,
the better your computer skills will be.
Good readers may become writers, too. They always have more things to write about
Reading is a wonderful hobby. Why not start reading right now?
6. Reading can always keep yourself ______ .
A. bored B. happy C. tired D. sad
7. You can read a book ______ .
A. only on a plane B. when you are driving a car C. anywhere D. only in the bathroom
8. You can read fast ______ .
A. if you read as a hobby B. if you are a student C. after you read a book D. if you are a writer
9. It is ______ that reading is out of date.
A. true B. not true C. right D. clear
10. What does the passage mainly tell us?
A. Reading is a good hobby for different reasons. B. Good readers must be good writers.
C. You can read on computers. D. Reading is not out of date.
It was a long hard day in the classroom, and Ms Cramble looked tired. "Maggie, " she said, shaking her head, "you didn’t
listen to me all day. I should let you stay in the classroom after school, but I’ve got a better idea. "
Oh, no! I hated it when she had better ideas.
"I want you to help out on the school newspaper for the next month, " she said.
"The newspaper!"I nearly cried out.
I might be full of smart jokes, but I was pretty bad at everything else. What use would I be on the newspaper?
Working on the newspaper meant working with Tilly Turner.
Tilly was the editor (编辑) and reporter and unlike me, she was good at everything.
"Well, Maggie, what sort of stories do you think we should be working on, for next week?"
Tilly asked me, as we walked over to the newspaper room. I shrugged (耸肩) . I never read the newspaper.
"So far we have stories on pets, and the new teacher, something on Ms Crambles’ cuckoo (布谷乌) clock collection, "she
It was no wonder I never read the newspaper. 回答下面 5 个问题, 每题答案不超过 6 个词。
1. Why could Maggie not go home after school? Because Maggie ________________________ .
2. How long did Ms Cramble want Maggie to work for the newspaper? ________________________
3. What personality did Maggie have? ________________________
4. What was Tilly Turner? ________________________
5. Why did Maggie never read the newspaper? Because she thinks ________________________.
Everyone needs friends. There is an old saying: Friends are God’s way of taking care of us. But how do you find real
friendship and keep it?
First, you should choose a friend. What makes a good friend? It is not because a person has money or good looks. A good
friend should be kind and patient. For example, if you have a bad day, a good friend should listen to your complaints (抱怨) and
do their best to help. Second, to make a friend, you can’t be too shy. You should make each other happy and share your lives.
But things can’t always be happy. Even the best friends have fights. What should you do when you have a fight with your
friends? You have to talk to them. When there is no one around, have an honest talk. If he or she doesn’t want to talk, you could
write a letter.
There are three steps to be friends again: Tell him or her how you are feeling, say what your friend has done wrong, and
tell him why you did this or that.
Finding friendship is just like planting a tree. You plant the seed and take care of it to make it grow. So remember
friendship is the most important thing in your life.
The care and keeping of ___1___
Reason Everyone needs friends because friends are God’s way of taking care of us.
___3___ to choose a
Choose a person with ___4___ and patience.
Be ___5___ enough to make your friends happy and share lives
How to ___6___
Talk with your friend ___7___ or write a letter to him to say:
how you are feeling
what your friend has done ___8___
___9___ you did this or that
Friendship is the most ___10___ thing in your life. Let’s take care of it and make it grow.
1. When I got home last night, it was ______ (差不多) 11 o’clock.
2. —Will your mother come back tonight? —That’s ______ (真实的) .
3. Don’t believe him. He is telling a ______ (谎言) .
4. He is always serious and he has no ______ (感觉) of humour.
5. Here are some interesting books for you to ______ (挑选) from.
1. —Tom, are you feeling better now? —No. I’m feeling ______ (bad) when I have had this medicine .
2. They want to be ______ (sing) when they grow up.
3. He often makes his sister ______ (smile).
4. I think skiing is ______ (dangerous)activity of all.
5. I hope she ______ (be)a good designer in the future.
People are different in the world. Some are open, while others are shy. Shy people feel comfortable when they are alone. In
this way, they can s___1___ some more time on their favourite activities. They often have some h___2___, such as reading
books, writing poems. In the following lines, we will offer (主动提出) y___3___ a number of ways to meet new friends.
It is easy and quick to get to know people and make new friends o___4___. With some online chatting tools such as QQ,
MSN, WeChat and Line, you can meet different people and they s___5___ the same interests with you even if you live in a
far-away place of the world,
Join a clubThe club is a place where you will meet a lot of people. What’s more, it will be easier for you to s___6___ a talk with them,
as you may have the same interest. Make new friends in your c___7___ and plan some activities together in it. You will be able
to begin a long lasting friendship with them.
Be a part of sports team
Sports make b___8___ your mind (心灵) and body full of energy. You might be able to get on well with your team
members. If you enjoy playing any sport, joining a local team is a great idea to make new friends e___9___ .
Working with people is a nice way to make new friends. You will meet people of all ages as volunteering interests people,
young or o___10___. This will give you the chance to make friends with them.
请根据下表内容, 以"My best classmate"为题, 介绍你的好朋友。词数∶80 左右。
外貌 高挑, 圆脸, 直发…
个性 幽默, 乐于助人…
擅长 DIY, 今年暑假期间做了一只风筝送给我;
My best classmate
DBCAA DBBAB DABDA
CADDB BADBA CDDAB
1. didn’t listen to her teacher
2. A month.
4. The editor and reporter.
5. it’s not interesting
1. friendship 2. Ways 3. How 4. kindness 5. bold/brave 6. keep 7. honestly 8. wrong 9. why10. important
1. almost 2. true 3. lie 4. sense 5. choose
1. worse 2. singers 3. smile 4. the most dangerous 5. will be
1. spend 2. hobbies 3. you 4. online 5. share 6. start7. club 8. both 9. easily 10. old
九、书面表达My best classmate
Betty is my best friend. She is tall and slim. She has a round face and long straight hair. And she wears glasses. She has a
good sense of humour and she is helpful. She never says a bad word about anyone.
Betty is good at all her subjects and she does best in history. She is good at DIY. She made a kite for me by herself this
summer holiday. And she loves travelling. She spends most of her holidays travelling all over the country.
She hopes to be an artist when she grows up.