2020 牛津译林版初二英语上册单元检测卷 Unit 3（含答案）
1. We took a boat trip and ______ the Opera House.
A. pass B. past C. go past D. went past
2. He always tells ______ stories to make us ______ .
A. interested; laugh B. interesting; to laugh C. interested; to laugh D. interesting; laugh
3. Millie has ______ free to do than Sandy because she has ______ free time than Sandy
A. less; more B. fewer; more C. least; most D. fewest; most
4. The River Seine is one of the ______ in France.
A. beautifulest rivers B. most beautiful rivers C. most beautifully rivers D. most beautiful river
5. When you arrive ______ Nanjing, please let me know.
A. to B. at C. in D. /
6. When my brother was young, he ______ English.
A. teaches himself B. teaches his C. taught himself D. taught his
7. When the bus stopped, some people ______ the bus and some others ______ .
A. got off it; got on it B. got off; get it on C. got it off; got on D. got off; got on it
8. He put his photos on his home page for everyone ______ .
A. to look at B. look at C. looking D. to look
9. —Which do you think is ______, Chinese or English? —It’s hard to say. I think Chinese is as ______ as English.
A. interesting; interesting B. more interesting; interesting
C. interesting; more interesting D. more interesting; more interesting
10. —Wang Chunxia does well in English in our class. —______. No one does better than she.
A. So do I B. So she does C. So I do D. So does she
11. These shoes are too big for me. Would you please show me ______ pair?
A. another B. other C. the other D. one
12. You were ______ . You didn’t hurt yourself.
A. luck B. luckily C. lucky D. lucks
13. ______ the teachers at No. 1 Middle School ______ 100.
A. A number of; is B. The number of; is C. A number of; are D. The number of; are
14. —What about ______ travelling on National Day? ——Great. I’d like ______ with you.
A. go; to go B. going; go C. going; going D. going; to go
15. —What do you think of her teaching English? —Great! No one teaches ______ in our school.
A. good B. worse C. better D. best
We went to the Underwater World on the school trip. It took us one hour ___1___ there.
There are many different ___2___ of fishes there. They are very interesting. The shark (鲨鱼) is the ___3___ of the world
in the aquarium (水族馆) . It is very ___4___ and its teeth are sharp. It eats meat every day. And the keepers examine it every
afternoon. Many ___5___ watch it there.
Then we went to see a dolphin (海豚) show. The dolphins were very ___6___ . They jumped out of the water. Some
people gave them some fishes. I took some ___7___ with them. I think they are the ___8___ friendly animals in the sea.
We ___9___ saw some other animals in the aquarium. The trip was ___10___ . I want to go there again.
1. A. to arrive B. arrived C. arrives D. arrive
2. A. kind B. kinds C. colour D. colours
3. A. member B. worker C. king D. cleaner
4. A. small B. friendly C. big D. short 5. A. writers B. readers C. children D. tourists
6. A. smart B. ugly C. unfriendly D. angry
7. A. food B. photos C. clothes D. hats
8. A. more B. much C. most D. many
9. A. too B. both C. also D. either
10. A. unpleasant B. terrible C. great D. interested
A rainstorm hit Alabama (阿拉巴马州) on Friday, 6 October.
Ben could hear strong. winds ___1___ outside his home. Black clouds were making the ___2___ very dark. ___3___ light
outside, it felt like midnight. The news on TV reported that a heavy rainstorm was in the area.
Everyone in the family was ___4___ . Ben’s dad was putting pieces of wood over the windows while his mom ___5___
sure the flashlights (手电筒) and radio were working. She also put some candles and matches on the table. Ben was helping his
mom make dinner when the rain began to beat ___6___ against the windows. ___7___ dinner, they tried to play a card game,
but it was ___8___ to have fun with a serious storm happening outside.
Ben could not sleep at first. ___9___ , he fell asleep when the wind was dying down at around 3:00 a. m. When he
___10___ up, the sun was rising. He could ___11___ the noise from the neighbourhood. He went outside with his family
___12___ found the neighbourhood in a mess (乱七八糟) . Fallen trees, broken windows and rubbish were ___13___ . They
joined the neighbours ___14___ clean up the neighbourhood together. ___15___ the storm broke many things apart, it brought
families and neighbours closer together.
1. A. blow B. to blow C. blowing D. blew
2. A. sky B. ground C. neighbourhood D. window
3. A. For B. Without C. To D. By
4. A. happy B. busy C. sad D. afraid
5. A. made B. has made C. is making D. was making
6. A. slow B. slowly C. heavy D. heavily
7. A. Before B. After C. When D. While
8. A. hard B. easy C. good D. bad
9. A. At the end B. In the end C. At the end of D. In the end of
10. A. wakes B. waking C. woke D. was waking
11. A. hear B. see C. watch D. find
12. A. and B. but C. or D. so
13. A. somewhere B. anywhere C. nowhere D. everywhere
14. A. help B. helped C. to help D. helping
15. A. Since B. If C. Because D. Although (尽管)
As he began to walk, he felt uncomfortable, for one foot was higher than the other. He felt very strange and said, "Is there
anything wrong with my legs today? Why is one of my legs long, and the other short?"
When he walked in the street, a passer-by told him that he was wearing the wrong bots. He looked down and found that it
was really so. At once he asked his servant (仆人) to go back home and get another pair.
After a while the servant ran back to him. There was nothing in his hand. So he was angry and shouted at him, "Why
didn’t you get me the right bots?" "There’s no need to change them, "the servant said. "The pair at home is he same, one with a
thick sole and the other with a thin one. "
1. Why did the man feel uncomfortable when he began to walk?
A. Because the road was too bad. B. Because he didn’t know the way.
C. Because he wore the wrong boots. D. Because he had no bots. 2. The man’s legs themselves ______ .
A. were shorter than before B. were longer than before C. were broken on his way D. were right as usual
3. What does the word "passer-by" mean in Chinese?
A. 路人 B. 智者 C. 皮匠 D. 老者
4. What did the servant get him back?
A. He got the right boots quickly. B. He got nothing when he came back.
C. He got the same boots back. D. He got the different boos back.
5. From the short passage, we know the servant was ______ .
A. right B. careful C. foolish D. clever
Are You Overweight?
Want to know if your weight is OK? It’s easy. Here’s how:
First, measure (测量) your height and weight. Then divide (除) your weight in kilograms by your height in metres squared
(平方米) . That is∶your own weight(in kilograms)÷your height(in metres squared).
Let’s look at a boy as an example: Height:1. 55 metres; Weigh:70 kilograms. 1. 55×1. 55=2. 4 70÷2. 4=29. 17
Check with the table below, for people from 2 to 19. You’ll find that he is heavy. Maybe he has to turn to the doctor to get
What about your own result? Check the table. Are you just OK?
Where are you?
≤20 Too thin
Over 30 Too heavy
6. You can know if your weight is OK by measuring your ______ .
A. height or weight B. height and weight C. height but not weight D. weight but not height
7. After getting your height and weight, you ______ your weight by your height in metres squared.
A. measure B. divide C. look at D. check
8. The result of the boy is ______ .
A. 1. 55 B. 2. 4 C. 70 D. 29. 17
9. If your result is24. 5, it means you are ______ .
A. too thin B. good C. heavy D. too heavy
10. The table results are for people ______ .
A. older than2 B. older than 19 C. between 2 and 19 D. not between 2 and 19
Kate and Peter like sports. In summer they swim and in winter they ski. They are planning a ski trip for this weekend, but
they don’t know about the weather. It’s 7:30 now, and they are listening to the weather report on the radio. The weatherman is
giving the weather for the weekend:
"Friday will be cold and cloudy, but it won’t rain. The temperature will be minus 4. It will snow on Friday night. Saturday
and Sunday will b clear, cold and sunny.
Now Kate and Peter are excited. The weather is going to be perfect for a ski trip. They are going to have a wonderful
1. What are Peter and Kate going to do this weekend?
2. Why do they listen to the weather report?
3. What will the weather be like on Friday?
4. Can you guess the meaning of the word "perfect"?5. What’s the weather like this weekend?
The world is divided into (被分为) two important parts. One half of the world is rich and the other half is poor.
In the poor part, a lot of people never get enough to eat. In the rich part, a lot of people eat too much. In one part, children
are hungry and in the other, a lot of people are fatter and fatter and have to go on diets or do some exercise to lose (失去)
weight. For example, a dog or a cat in North America eats better than a child in the poorer countries.
The poor countries have some difficult problems. Sometimes the lands (陆地) are too poor to grow anything on. The land
can get better, but people have to do a lot of things first. More experts (专家) should go there to teach people how to make their
land rich and how to find water.
But rich countries have problems, too. There are not always pleasant places to live in. Sometimes the air is too dirty to
breathe (呼吸) and the rivers are too dirty to swim in or to take water. The roads and the streets are full of people and buses.
Cars usually move very slowly. Noise is terrible. A lot of people do not have houses to live in.
People must do something about these problems. We should do something to make the air and the rivers clean and build
more houses. But it will take a long time.
Different lives in the world
Countries In ___1___ countries In rich countries
A lot of people in poor countries
cannot have ___2___ food to eat.
People in rich countries eat too much.
Children are hungry.
Many people have to lose ___3___ by going on a diet or
The land is too poor for plants to
The air and the rivers are dirty. There is a lot of ___7___ and
people on the roads and the streets.
People should learn how to make
their land ___8___ and find the
Make the air and the river ___9___.
___10___ more houses.
1. We can learn a lot about different ______ (文化) when we travel around the world.
2. Listen! My classmates are ______ (欢呼) for our basketball team loudly
3. Do you know how old the new ______ (总统) of the country is?
4. I’m sure your cousins can do these exercises ______ (自己) .
5. It’s a long and boring ______ (旅行) from the village to
1. The road is the ______ (wide) among the three.
2. Peter did the exercises much ______ (care), so he came first in the test.
3. We are having fun ______ (discuss)our favourite books with our classmates.
4. You can’t drink the milk because it smells ______ (real) bad.
5. We will have a ______ (month) test on each subject next week.
Psammead (沙漠精灵) looked very unhappy, and Jane said, "Well, I didn’t know that you were a Psammead, but I can feel
that you are something wonderful. Please talk more to us. "
The Psammead looked a little h___1___ when it heard that, and it said, "Well, you can talk to me. Perhaps ‘ll answer you
and perhaps I won’t. Now say something.
At first, the children could not think of a___2___ to say, but then Jane asked, "How long have you lived here?"
"Oh, a very long t___3___, about thousands of years, " the Psammead answered.
The children waited, but the Psammead was silent. "Please tell us more, " Jane said.
"Well, all right, then, " the Psammead said. "There were lots of us then. People sent their children out to look for Psammeads, and when they f___4___ us, we gave them a wish.
"What happened to all the Psammeads, then?"Jane asked. "Well, most of us died. And I’m not going to tell you anything. "
"Oh, just one m___5___ question, please, " said Jane. "Do you give wishes now?’
"You’ve had one, " said the Psammead. "You w___6___ to see me just now, and here I am.
"Oh, please. Just another wish, " Anthea cried. "Well, all right, but be quick! I’m tired of you!"
It’s usual that people can’t think of a really good wish, in j___7___ a second or two. Then, about some time later, Anthea
remembered a wish of hers and Jane’s. "I wish b___8___ of us become very, very beautiful, " she said.
The girls stood there for a second, and then Anthea turned to speak to Jane, b___9___ Jane was not there! Anthea was
looking at a stranger—a girl with beautiful red hair and big blue eyes. Suddenly she u___10___ they had their wish. The
stranger was Jane—now they were beautiful.
假设你是王刚, 是某旅游公司的一位导游, 陪同某国际旅游团游览长城, 下车前你准备给大家作必要的介绍和交代,
2. 在长城游览 2 个小时, 9 点离开。
3. 车在入口处等候, 记住车号, 准时返回。
4. 个人物品随身携带, 下车前关上车窗。
提示:"在入口处"用 at the entrance
Ladies and gentlemen, _______________________________________________________________________________
DDABC CDABB ACBDC
CABBD DBABC AADCD
1. They want to go for a ski trip.
2. Because they are planning a ski tip for his weekend, but they don’t know about the weather.
3. Friday will be cold and cloudy, but it won’t rain.
4. 极好的, 理想的。
5. This weekend will be clear, cold and sunny.
1. poor 2. enough 3. weight 4. exercising 5. problems 6. grow 7. buses 8. rich 9. clean 10. Build六、根据句意及所给的汉语提示写出单词
1. cultures 2. cheering 3. president 4. themselves 5. journey
1. widest 2. more carefully 3. discussing 4. really 5. monthly
1. happier 2. anything 3. time 4. found 5. more 6. wished 7. just 8. both 9. but 10. understood
Ladies and gentlemen,
In front of us is the Great Wall. It has a history of over 2,00years, and it is 6,000kilometres long and 7metres high. We can
stay here for two hours and leave at 9 o’clock. Please take your things with you and close the window before you get of. We
will wait for you at the entrance, Please remember the number of he bus, return on time and take care when you travel on the
Great Wall. Wish you a god time.