2020 牛津译林版初二英语上册单元检测卷 Unit 4（含答案）
1. Not only my friends but also I ______ interested in those plays.
A. are B. am C. is D. were
2. —Help! There is a big snake near the house. — ______ afraid. It will go away later.
A. Don’t B. Not C. Don’t be D. Not be
3. He had a great time ______ with his friend, and they had some time ______ about their study last Sunday,
A. to talk; to talk B. talking; talking C. to talk; talking D. talking; to talk
4. They need two more ______ for their comic books.
A. shelves B. shelf C. shelfs D. shelfes
5. I kept on ______ him the whole day.
A. call B. called C. calls D. calling
6. Their story ______ so interesting and exciting.
A. sounds B. looks C. hears D. smells
7. —Shall we talk about it in English? —______? Let’s do it right away.
A. Why not B. Will we C. Are you D. Do we
8. His father advised me ______ it again.
A. try B. trying C. to trying D. to try
9. The English word "survive" ______ "stay alive".
A. puts in B. stands for C. cuts out D. tidies up
10. ______ and help me clean the house.
A. Get up B. Getting up C. To get up D. To getting
11. —Can you tell me how to make a cake? —______. Let me show you.
A. No way B. No problem C. Forget it D. Thank you
12. —Mum, there are no apples. Can I use oranges ______ ? —OK.
A. too B. already C. yet D. instead
13. Something ______ when they built the bridge.
A. cut out B. went wrong C. tidied up D. made a mistake
14. To reduce air pollution, we’d better ______ more often instead of ______ .
A. ride; drive B. to ride; driving C. ride; driving D. to ride; to drive
15. The bus kept the people ______ for twenty minutes
A. wait B. waits C. to wait D. waiting
My parents took me to Japan when I was little. I lived there for five years. So ___1___ I came back, my Japanese was very
good. "Can I do something useful with my Japanese?"I asked myself. Then, one day last spring, I got a good chance. Those
days I stayed at home with ___2___ to do. My father bought me a Japanese book. "Why don’t you translate (翻译) it into
Chinese? It will be better than ___3___ computer games all day. "I promised (答应) to do 2,000 words each day. But I ___4___
found it was hard to keep the promise. One day in May, the weather was beautiful. But I couldn’t go out. Those 2,000 words
were still ___5___ me. After translating only three pages, I already lost interest in the book. I looked at it for a long time. But I
couldn’t make myself turn the pages. How I wished I could just go outside and ___6___ football with my friends! I counted (数)
the words again and again. I just wanted to give up. I felt as if two people were fighting ___7___ my mind. One said, "Don’t
give up! Keep working hard, and you will do well!"But then the other one said, "Go and play! It will be more ___8___ than
translating. Do your work tomorrow. "I stood up and would ___9___ the computer. But then I remembered ___10___ my
parents had told me: "Whatever you do, don’t stop halfway. " So I sat down and went on with it.
1. A. because B. although C. since D. when2. A. nothing B. something C. everything D. anything
3. A. be played B. playing C. played D. plays
4. A. just then B. right now C. soon D. suddenly
5. A. talking to B. looking at C. smiling at D. waiting for
6. A. play B. give C. buy D. watch
7. A. in B. with C. about D. for
8. A. fun B. important C. useful D. dangerous
9. A. turn on B. turn off C. open D. close
10. A. how B. where C. which D. what
Everybody wants a new start for a new school year. So, students often go back-to-school shopping. They buy ___1___ and
shoes. But, the story is not so easy.
"Mum, I want this pair of shoes!"
"Dear! Those are 900 yuan! That is too ___2___ !"
"But all the boys in my class wear this brand (牌子) !
"So the real story is: Kids ___3___ to catch up with school fashion.
Chinese students ___4___ school uniforms at school. Parents think all the kids look the same, but ___5___ know the
differences. The "rich" kids wear amazing watches, ride good ___6___ and use cool pencil cases. They show off their expensive
things to ___7___ kids. Then everyone else wants them too. For example, some "rich" kids use a pencil box that ___8___ 1,000
yuan! It not only holds pencils, but also has a thermometer (温度计) , a compass (指南针) , a music box and even games in it!
But think about it. Do you really need ___9___ a special pencil box? What can you do with a compass ___10___ a thermometer
in class? They only distract (分散注意) you.
As for these "rich" kids, they are not rich at all. ___11___ parents buy them all their cool things. They may have an
advantage (优势) now, ___12___ it won’t last forever (永远) . If you want to show off ___13___ money you have, you have to
make it yourself fist. So, study hard. You will get a great job in the future.
Parents should also learn ___14___ to say "no" to their kids. They should ___15___ their kids: as students, what is really
important is not school fashion but good school grades.
1. A. pictures B. school things C. computer games D. food and drinks
2. A. expensive B. cheap C. ugly D. nice
3. A. hate B. give C. want D. get
4. A. put on B. take off C. buy D. wear
5. A. kids B. fathers C. mothers D. people
6. A. cars B. bicycles C. MP3 D. CDs
7. A. another B. the others C. others D. other
8. A. pays B. costs C. spends D. buys
9. A. so B. such C. as D. like
10. A. with B. but C. or D. though
11. A. His B. Her C. Their D. Your
12. A. but B. because C. if D. for
13. A. how many B. how much C. how long D. how often
14. A. how B. what C. why D. where
15. A. say B. talk C. speak D. tell
SAFETY RULES ON THE MTR TRAINS
At the station:◇Line up on the platform (站台) and wait for the train.
◇Be polite. Let others get on the train first.
◇Do not rush near the train. It is dangerous.
◇When you hear a "beep" sound, do not get on the train. The door is closing. Wait for another train
On the train:
◇Do not eat or drink on the train. It makes the train dirty.
◇Do not run on the train.
◇Give your seat to old men or women, the disabled or women carrying babies.
1. Where might you find this text?
A. In a supermarket. B. At a train station. C. On the playground. D. At a furniture shop.
2. What should the people on the platform do?
A. Wait in line on the platform. B. Open the door of the train.
C. Try their best to get on the train fist. D. Rush near the train.
3. Why should you stop to wait for the next train when hearing a "beep" sound?
A. Because people will get off the train. B. Because the door is opening.
C. Because people are rushing for the train. D. Because the door is closing.
4. What is right for you to do on the train?
A. Running all the time. B. Giving seats to old people.
C. Drinking or eating. D. Talking or laughing loudly.
5. What is the text mainly about?
A. How to be a careful driver. B. How to buy train tickets.
C. How to act well when taking trains. D. How to keep safe at home.
You may feel curious (好奇的) about students in other countries∶Do they also have so much homework? What do they
do in their free time?
On April 8, a report came out on the life of high school students in China, Japan, South Korea and the USA. It surveyed
around 6, 200 students from the four countries last year. You will find the answers to many of your questions in this report.
Who studies hardest?
Chinese students spend the most time studying. Nearly half of Chinese students spend more than two hours on their
homework every day. That’s much more than students of the USA(26. 4%), Japan(8. 2%)and South Korea(5. 2%).
Who sleeps most often in class?
Japanese students fall asleep in class most often. About 45% of them said they sometimes doze off (打瞌睡) in class. In
South Korea, it is 32%; in the USA, 21%, and 5% in China.
Who takes notes most in class?
South Korean students don’t like taking notes. About 70% said they write down what the teacher says in class, much fewer
than in Japan (93%), China(90%)and the USA(89%).
Who is the most distracted (分心的) ?
American students are the most active in class, but also the most distracted, 64. 2% said they talk with friends in class; 46.
9% said they eat snacks (点心) in class; and 38. 9% said they send emails or read unrelated (无关的) books in class.
What do they do after school?
In their free time, most Chinese students study or surf the Internet. Most American students go out with their friends. Most
Japanese students do physical exercises. Most South Korean students watch TV.
6. In the report, who studies hardest?
A. Japanese students. B. Chinese students. C. American students. D. South Korean students.
7. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
A. 93% of Japanese students like taking notes in class. B. Most Chinese students do physical exercises after class.
C. 38. 9% of American students talk with friends in class.
D. South Korean students fall asleep in class most often.
8. In China ______ of students fall asleep in class.
A. 45% B. 32% C. 21% D. 5%
9. What do American students do in their free time?
A. Do physical exercises. B. Study or surf the internet. C. Watch TV. D. Go out with friends.
10. What is the article about?
A. It is a report about the students’ lessons in four countries.
B. It is an article about the students’study and life in four countries.
C. It is a story about students’sports after class.
D. It tells us that American students don’t like studying.
Daniel has been studying at university (大学) for one year now. He has really enjoyed living away from home and he
thinks he has grown up a lot. His family have changed too. He has come home this weekend for his little sister’s birthday. It has
surprised him to see how much everything has changed.
His sister has just had her 12th birthday. She has never been interested in fashion, so Daniel bought her a CD by her
favourite band (乐队) . Everybody else bought her clothes. She says that she has been interested in clothes since her teacher
asked her to model for the charity show. Daniel’s mum has already redecorated (重新装修) his old room. He has always had
posters on the walls and big cushions (坐垫) to sit on. Now there are famous paintings on the walls and all his cushions have
gone. His father now spends much time playing golf (高尔夫球) games on a Wii (家用游戏机) . Daniel has never seen his
father so happy!
It feels strange that so much has changed. Daniel has enjoyed so many changes and he has taken lots of photos. He has
some new and happy memories!
根据上面短文的内容回答问题 (每小题答案不超过 6 个单词) 。
1. Why has Daniel come home this weekend?
2. Did Daniel’s little sister probably like music in the past?
3. What’s on the walls in Daniel’s room now?
4. Who enjoys playing golf games on a Wii?
5. What does Daniel feel when he meets so many changes?
We live in a world full of many different kinds of people. We want to get along well with others. We also want to be liked
by others. The following ways will make others like you.
Do This and You’ll Be Welcome Anywhere
Become really interested in other people. A show of interest must be true. It must bring good results to the person showing
the interest, but also to the person receiving the attention. It is a two-way street——both of you get an advantage.
A Simple Way to Make a Good First Impression (印象)
Smile as often as possible. Your smile is a sign of kindness. When someone feels stressed from his or her teachers or
parents, your smile is like the sun breaking through the clouds; your smile can help him or her realize that all is hopeful — that
there is still joy in the world.
If You Don’t Do This, You Are Getting into Trouble
Remember a person’s name. A person’s name is the sweetest and the most important sound in any language. We should
realize the magic in a name. The name makes the person different from others; it makes him or her special among all others. If
you remember a person’s name, the relationship between both of you will become much closer.
An Easy Way to Become a Good Talker
Be a careful listener fist. Ask questions that other persons will like to answer. Encourage them to talk about themselves and their achievements. What you need to do is just to listen, because people are much more interested in themselves.
Title: ___1___ to make people like you
Become really ___2___ in others
Your show of interest must be true.
It must ___3___ good results to both of you.
Smile as often as possible
Your smile is a sign of ___4___ .
Your smile makes others ___5___ that all is hopeful.
Remember a person’s name
A person’s name makes him or her ___6___ from others.
A person’s name is the sweetest and the most important sound in any
Listen ___8___ first
You ask questions that others enjoy ___9___ .
They are ___10___ to talk about themselves and their achievements.
1. I always take an ______ (积极的) part in school activities.
2. Only 12 people ______ (出席) the meeting last week.
3. ______ (剪刀) are useful in our daily life, but they are dangerous if you play with them.
4. The teacher often ______ (建议) us to do more exercise after school.
5. Here are some ______ (提示) on how to learn English well.
1. The boy kept____(paint) his wall till lunchtime.
2. —How wide is the Golden Gate Bridge? —Ninety ______ (foot).
3. —What are you doing, boys and girls? —We ______ (tidy) up our school things.
4. Because of the TV and computer, the world ______ (it)is getting smaller and smaller.
5. It is ______ (terrible) hot today.
Do you know DIY? It is very popular a___1___ young people. Suzy and her classmates often talk about DIY and enjoy
their o___2___ works. Suzy has so many tools at h___3___, for example, different kinds of brushes. Every Christmas, Suzy
makes a lot of paper c___4___ for her friends. I like the card with tall Christmas trees b___5___. When I got the card, I felt so
e___6___ . How wonderful it is! Now I am a new m___7___ of the DIY Club. We have activities on Thursday afternoon. We
always sell our works to other c___8___ .
Then we can raise some m___9___ for the students in poor areas. It’s an e___10___ and meaningful thing.
你是一名中学生, 但是以前你自己从未做过饭 (cook) , 每天都是妈妈给你做。有一天, 妈妈去照顾生病的姥姥, 你
开头已给出, 不计入总词数。生词提示∶boil (沸腾) 。
请根据提示写一篇 80 词左右的英语短文, 记述事情的经过并抒发感想。
I’m a middle school student, but I haven’t coked before.
BCDAD AADBA BDBCD
BACDA BDBBC CABAD
1. Because of his(little) sister’s birthday. /For his (little) sister’s birthday.
2. Yes. /Yes, she did.
3. Famous paintings.
4. Daniel’s father.
5. Surprised, strange but happy. /Strange but happy. Surprised but happy.
1. How 2. interested 3. bring4. kindness 5. realize 6. different 7. language 8. carefully 9. answering10. encouraged
1. active 2. attended 3. Scissors 4. advises 5. tips
1. painting 2. feet 3. are tidying 4. itself 5. terribly
1. among 2. own 3. home 4. cards 5. best 6. excited7. member 8. classmates 9. money 10. exciting
I’m a middle school student, but I haven’t cooked before. Every day, my mother cooks for me. One day, my grandmother
was ill and my mother went to look after her. So I decided to cook egg noodles. I didn’t know what to do at first. But I decided
to try. After the water boiled, I put some noodles into it, and then an egg. Some minutes later, a big bowl of noodles was OK.
How excited I was! That was the first bowl of noodles I cooked.